PROXIM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT LTD
This privacy notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you during our management of the development you live at and after it ends. We are required to notify you of this information under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Please ensure you read this notice, sometimes referred to as a “privacy notice”, and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information. This notice also includes your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. WHO WE ARE?
Proxim Property Management Ltd [trading as Proxim Property Management Ltd] collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. We are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In this privacy notice, references to “we” or “us” means Proxim Property Management Ltd.
2. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our GDPR data protection policy.
3. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE: INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
In the course of the performance of our contract as managing agent for the development where you own your property, we need to correspond with you on property management matters including sending you service charge/ground rent invoices and statements and property management related information.
The provision of the following information is required from you to enable us to perform our contract as managing agent. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us for us to fulfil our duties.
- Name and Correspondence Address
- Telephone Numbers (in case of emergency)
E-mail addresses are optional. The contact sheet that we will provide allows you to choose whether you would like to use e-mail as a channel for correspondence.
4. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE: INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
If we are taking on the management of a property from another agent or taking a new property into management from a developer, we will be passed lessees information from the previous agent and the developer’s solicitors respectfully. The previous agent and solicitors in such cases will have had specific instruction from their clients at the time to provide such information.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract we have with our client and pursuant to which we are appointed as their agent.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We occasionally share the following categories of personal data:
- TELEPHONE NUMBER
This personal information may be shared with the following categories of recipients:
- Contractors needing to carry our repairs to your property or require access to your property to carry out repairs to another part of the property.
- Solicitors dealing with consents and breaches of lease.
This data sharing enables us to perform our contract as managing agent.
- We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law. We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
7. WHERE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE HELD
Information may be held at our offices and service providers as described above.
We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold including those measures detailed in our GDPR data protection policy.
8. HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
We will hold the following information for the duration we are managing the block of apartments/estate where your property is situated or if you own a property at the development that we manage. If you sell your property, we will keep your contact details for 2 months in case there are outstanding matters that need to be attended to.
9. REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on the management agreement that we hold with the freeholder/landlord/management company of the property as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly ignificantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us at the address at the bottom of this Notice OR
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g. Full name, address and any tenant reference number)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have the
11. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
13. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 3 February 2019 and last updated on 3 February 2019. We may change this privacy notice from time to time, and when we do, we will inform you.
14. DO YOU NEED EXTRA HELP?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us.
15. CONTACT DETAILS
Proxim Property Management
Suite 4 Croft Court
Stratford upon Avon
Tele: 01789 713112
Safeguarding Health (Safeguarding Health Policy)
Proxim do not normally hold details of leaseholders, tenants, employee’s, or anyone else’s health records/data. However, in order to prevent the spread of the Covid 19 Virus (Coronavirus) we have asked residents and leaseholders to inform us if they have or are suspected of having the Coronavirus. Please see below details on how this data will be handled:
If you have informed us that you have or are suspected of having the Corona Virus; we will keep this information until you have informed us you no longer have it or are suspected of having it and, have a medical note to prove this. Your information regarding the virus will only be passed to contractors and property managers visiting the block and if access to your flat is required in case of Emergency or Essential Health and Safety work. Once you no longer have the virus; your details of the virus will be deleted from our systems (one month after we have been informed and, that you confirm that you are still feel from the virus).